[josm-dev] Deletion conflicts

Shaun McDonald osm at shaunmcdonald.me.uk
Tue Apr 28 11:40:05 BST 2009

On 28 Apr 2009, at 09:23, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Shaun McDonald wrote:
>> It is already possible to do a multiget,
>
> ... which will return 404 as soon as any one of its targets has been
> deleted ;-)

Nope, you will only get a 404 if the elements have never existed
before. If it has been deleted you will get a visible=false. Take this
example:
http://openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/nodes?nodes=15,18

The maximum number you can request at one time is limited by the
length of the GET request, there are no limits set our code, so you
may need to bulk it into groups like the gps points call.

We could change the call to silently drop the 404, and always return
all elements that it could find, with only the elements that could not
be found being missing from the list. If no requested ids could be
found, then and osm document with no nodes, ways and relations would
be returned.

Shaun