[josm-dev] Dirk is the new JOSM maintainer

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Sun Feb 22 23:56:30 GMT 2009

Frederik Ramm schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>    Dirk has already said as much in his "server moved" post but I'd like
> to confirm this with a proper subject.
>
> When Imi stopped working on JOSM a few years ago I took over from him
> the job of looking after the JOSM SVN/Trac and the nightly builds and
> generally keeping an eye on what happens to JOSM. Since Dirk has shown a
> lot of commitment to JOSM and not only contributed his own improvements
> but also worked with contributors on their patches, and generally
> cleaned up our trac and flushed out a lot of tickets on which dust was
> starting to settle, I asked him whether he'd feel comfortable with me
> passing the baton on to him and he said yes. (Or more precisely,
> something along the lines of "well if you have to".)
>
> So please welcome Dirk in his new role where he bears all responsibility
> for things that go haywire ;-)
>
> I'll of course remain on the team and use my "old man" status to sneak
> my own pet patches past Dirk while he's not looking, or chip in when
> there's trouble, but I must admit that in the past months I usually
> heard about problems only after Dirk had solved them already anyway...

Thank you Frederik, for all the work you've done for JOSM - and don't
forget to spend some time for cool new stuff every now and then ;-)

As Dirk already took over a lot of maintainer work already, I guess this
is a good and necessary move for JOSM.

Hopefully, we'll see a lot of further JOSM improvements in the future ...

Regards, ULFL