[josm-dev] compile plugin

Jorge Luis Chamorro chamorro at plug.org.ar
Sat Jan 10 12:03:55 GMT 2009

1 - sorry for my newbie question
2 - sorry for my English , I speak Spanish

I live in a country (Argentina) with many cities with very regular
design mostly of them not in openstreet (no mapping at all) . And we
have a lot of work to do.

I learn Java and inspect JOSM sources . Then I wrote a code
createGrid.java , put in actions directory and make an entry in menu .
It work sucesfully  and its very usefull for our mapping proyect . This
code create a grid of many streets from only two .

I need to transform it into a plugin but I don't known how to compile a
plugin . I read http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopingPlugins and
follow  their instructions but i'm a newbie , I dont work with ANT.
I get the complete osm - trunk  with
svn co http://svn.openstreetmap.org osm
then I try
cd osm/applications/editors/josm/plugins/
I Try with
cd waypoints
for example and put
export JAVA_HOME=/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun-1.5.0.16 ; ant

then I obtain a lot of errors like :

[javac] /home/chamorro/josm-plugin-develop/osm/applications/editors/josm/plugins/waypoints/src/WaypointOpenAction.java:21: package org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.layer does not exist
    [javac] import org.openstreetmap.josm.gui.layer.OsmDataLayer;

I don't have a clue for what can I do next ....

How can I tell to ant where I put the sources of JOSM ?.

Can any of you tell me how can I compile a plugin for a dumb like me ?

Saludos , Jorge