[josm-dev] JOSM Mappaint - major improvements

Rolf Bode-Meyer robome at gmail.com
Tue Jan 13 13:30:26 GMT 2009

2009/1/13 Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de>:
> On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Rolf Bode-Meyer wrote:
>
> This happens for all layers. It depends on the number of tiles you have
> shown. The WMS plugin needs to learn some buffering to speed up work.
> Currently it seems the stuff is recomputed and redrawn for every action.

After freshly starting JOSM, if downloading two wms layers in the same
view and same zoom level and both wms layers contain the same number
of tile (9 here), shouldn't the speed the same?

BTW: After downloading I switched off automatic loading for both wms
layers. Zooming in and out (via keyboard) is also considerably slower
when the lva layer is visible though both layer are covering the exact
same area.

I don't try to construct a bug here and also I don't care if only I
sees this behaviour. But it's there, users participating in the
Oberpfalz project might have a really hard time.

Rolf