[josm-dev] JOSM Mappaint - major improvements

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Jan 13 14:26:37 GMT 2009

On Tue, 13 Jan 2009, Frederik Ramm wrote:

> Dirk Stöcker wrote:
>> That would be easy for encapsulated data access. For current JOSM it will
>> be lots of work.
>
> Explain? Can't you just "when in doubt" always put the object on the
> visible list? It doesn't hurt if a few are not actually visible.

a) You store the visible state in the normal DataSet (what I try to do).
    This can be keep in sync.
b) Have a second list only containing the visible objects (what you
    suggested):
   1) Only using this list is impossible, as we don't recognice new
      elements
   2) Keeping two list makes list searches a complicate operation.