[josm-dev] webkit-image successfully built on MacOS

Dermot McNally dermotm at gmail.com
Fri Jan 16 00:55:25 GMT 2009

Folks,

After many false starts, I have managed to build webkit-image (qt) on
MacOS. I've attached my binary (I hope it gets through), and in theory
it could be made available along with the Windows equivalent, but here
are some caveats:

* It dynamically links to qt. I _believe_ that my successful build
links against the Trolltech binary MacOS qt package, though it might
be the Macports build instead, as I have both installed.

* I'm running on Leopard 10.5.6. Works for me, YMMV. At a guess,
though, I'd say any 10.5 with the correct qt should work OK.

The key to getting this built correctly was to use qmake, but I'll
need to try the process once more to be able to document it reliably.
If anybody is impatient, let me know and I'll try to give you the main
details. It wasn't very tricky anyway, and it ought to be possible to
create a simple and fairly automated build process.

Cheers,
Dermot

--
Iren sind menschlich