[josm-dev] Another Java version conflict

Andre Hinrichs andre.hinrichs at gmx.de
Tue Jan 20 00:27:58 GMT 2009

On Dienstag, 20. Januar 2009, Ulf Lamping wrote:
> My mistake!
>
> I'm a bit unsure how to fix this. Simply remove the @Override statements?

I would say yes, since the annotation is to tell the compile to through errors
when there a method is misspelled. Java 5 allows this only for super classes
and java 6 also allows this for interfaces. Since getValue is defined in an
interface this workes only for Java 6.

It compiles fine here if I remove the @Override annotations.

> Regards, ULFL
>
> P.S: Hmmm, I don't get those problems with my (latest) JDK version. I
> thought that the ant scripts were telling the JAVA compiler to be 1.5
> like - so I should see this?!?

If you have UNIX you can call java-config -L to get available Java versions.
You have to set the Java version with java-config -s <n>
Don't know if this is the same procedure for Windows...

Regards
Andre