[josm-dev] Recent changes in Relation editor dialog

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Fri Jan 23 00:31:11 GMT 2009

Pieren schrieb:
> Yesterday, I've updated JOSM to the latest version. And I noticed some
> changes in the relation editor behaviour which are making it less
> intuitive than earlier.
>
> I've updated one trac about what I have noticed (#2058) :

PLEASE REMEMBER: Putting "unrelated" stuff into a single bug report is a
very bad idea. For example the first and the last bug you've mentioned
below are completely unelated to the changes mentioned in the bug
report. Now it's very ugly for us to track the individual problems in a
single trac report ...

> - If you select several objects then open the relation editor with the
> "new relation" button, they are all deselected.
IMHO this is a bug. The "new relation" button shouldn't deselect the
items on the map. Please file a trac report.

> - if you select one key/value in the relation editor, all objects
> listed in the roles are selected.
I've change this recently. Why do you find it unintuitive? When you
select a thing in the editor, then it will be selected in the map display.

IMHO the former select button was a PITA to work with ...

If you wanted to find out more about the current relation members:
Select list item
click "select" button
Select list item
click "select" button
Select list item
click "select" button
Select list item
click "select" button

If you describe your workflow more detailed, maybe we can find a better
solution.

> - If you select one key/value and press the "delete" button, it is not
> deleting the key/value but one of the attached members of "roles".
> Actually, I found only one way to delete a key/value : go to and
> delete the text field  in "value" and press "Enter".
IMHO this is a bug. The delete button should delete the selected item,
not something else. Please file a trac report.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Please open 3 new bug reports with the individual problem
description and close #2058 now. You can add a remark in the text
"probably related to bug #20xx"