[josm-dev] Preset link using JLinkLabel

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Jan 23 07:47:44 GMT 2009

On Thu, 22 Jan 2009, Claudius Henrichs wrote:

>> please replace the OpenBrowser with a nice "In-Java"
>> display like for the help pages. This OpenBrowser call is a crude
>> workaround.
>
> I prefer opening the system browser because the user has the possibility
> to bookmark map feature pages he finds useful. What don't you like about
> OpenBrowser?

The media break. My father used the help feature and clicked and clicked
and said to himself "Oh, doesn't work". Later he wondered, why his firefox
had dozens of sites opened.

About the bookmark issue: When we use the HelpDialog, then there is a
button "Open in browser". But I had not yet a look at the code.

> We need some scheme for the presets.xml first. What about an optional
> href (=hypertext reference) parameter for key, text, combo and check
> tags? I would put an (i)-button right-aligned next to the features with
> that link. What do you think?

Yes, had the same idea. Would be nice, when you do it that way, but exept
for examples we will not add the links to presets until we/I found a way
to implement definition blocks (i.e. define a block and reference it
later multiple times) to reduce the replication of data.