[josm-dev] JOSM adds double ways to relations?

Karl Guggisberg karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch
Sat Jul 25 08:53:07 BST 2009

> I only realised that there was two delete buttons last night.
> I think that there needs to be a better tooltop message,
Any proposals for better messages?

> ... and icon to denote all or just that instance.
Proposals for better icons would be appreciated too.

> Why do the two buttons need to be so far apart?
Before there were two delete buttons in the botom row an we've got several
tickets in JOSM trac because
it wasn't clear enough in what sense they were different.
They are no so far apart  because they are placed in their "context". The
button on the left is close
to the list of members. It deletes *all selected members*.
The button on the right is close to the list of *selected primitives*. It
deletes all members referring
to one of the selected primitives.
If I have to *explain* why they are placed where they are placed now the
idea is obviously not intuitive enough, though.
Any alternative proposals?

-- Karl