[josm-dev] Disable "move whole way"?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Fri Jun 5 15:50:43 BST 2009

On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:

>>> Is there an option to disable moving complete ways in JOSM?
>>> Martin suggested to play with the setting "node.snap-distance" (I guess
>>> this is what he meant) but this didn't work for me.
>> The correct value would be "mappaint.node.virtual-snap-distance". Your
>> value is only for real nodes.
>
> Thanks Dirk, yes, you have indeed to change both keys/values (I didn't
> mention the actual value as I could find it, but suggested in general
> to change prefs) for the requested behaviour. I think putting them to
> reasonable values would solve your issue completely.

Maybe a note is necessary: The advanced prefs do only know options, when
they have been referenced at least once. So to see that option you need to
load a map which contains OSM data.

Starting josm and trying to edit advanced values is always a bad idea, as
you wont find the searched option usually :-)