[josm-dev] Disable "move whole way"?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Jun 5 16:29:00 BST 2009

2009/6/5 Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de>:
> On Fri, 5 Jun 2009, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
>
>>> Starting josm and trying to edit advanced values is always a bad idea, as
>>> you wont find the searched option usually :-)
>>
>> that's true indeed. It would be really nice to have the important
>> settings (like snapping-radius, where the optimal configuration might
>> also depend on the resolution of your display) configurable in
>> prefs-no-Einstein. All CAD-Programms offer this for instance. Should I
>> file a trac-ticket?
>
> You may do, but the question here is again: Is it better to let the user
> choose or not - i.e. increases it confusion or reduces it confusion. For
> snap distance I rather think it increases confusion to have such a
> setting.

well, entering the prefs and make changes is IMHO already an advanced
action. I repeat: all CAD-Programms allow to modify this (and usually
you even have the option to visually display when in snapping-distance
and/or circle of the latter). I personally was initially confused that
I could change the settings of it (nor some other possible snaps like
midpoint, "Lotpunkt", etc.).

Martin