[josm-dev] Audio markers based on modified times (time stamps) of audio files

Roy Wallace waldo000000 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 02:36:14 BST 2009

Hi,
I have a question about the current state of audio mapping in JOSM.

I want to create several separate wav file recordings, and use the *modified
times *of the wav files to associate them with the correct places in the gpx
track - in the same way as photo mapping is done (except getting the
modified time from the file instead of the EXIF data). I don't want to have
to make waypoints on my GPS device.

Is this possible yet with JOSM? If not, please let me know if it is planned.
If it isn't planned, I'd like to get involved :)

If it is meant to be possible, please help me work out what I'm doing
wrong. Following is my attempt:

1. Load JOSM (latest version, 1708)
2. Open gpx track (Timespan: Jun 28, 2009 4:40 AM - Jun 28, 2009 7:35 AM
(2:54))
3. Right click on GPS Layer, select "Import Audio"
4. Choose wav file (modified time Sun 28 Jun 2009 17:22:22 EST)

JOSM then warns me that "Some waypoints with timestamps from before the
start of the track or after the end were omitted or moved to the start."

An audio file marker is then created at the start of the track. This seems
wrong, as the marker should be well and truly within the bounds of the track
timespan (17:22 EST = 7:22 GMT, right? Which is within 4:40 - 7:35).

The checked boxes in audio preferences are the following only:
* Display the Audio menu
* Display live audio trace.
* Create non-audio markers when reading GPX
* When importing audio, make makers from...
* * Modified times (time stamps) of audio files.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Roy