[josm-dev] "Add nodes" functionality changed?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Mon Mar 9 12:20:58 GMT 2009

On Mon, 9 Mar 2009, David Earl wrote:

> OK, with that information I can now do everything I used to, though it
> still takes an additional click. And when you're ready to start another
> way, your attention is focussed elsewhere and I think I'll end up having
> to move the mouse back to the end of the previous path quite often. (If
> ESC or some such key did this too, would be useful?). But there's no
> indication you can repeat click, or indeed that you can double click.

Press <U> to unselect is another keyboard based alternative.

> I'm sure I can get used to it, but arbitrarily changing the user
> interaction does seem rather draconian, and needs a prompt somehow,
> somewhere. Once you know, you know. But until you know, it is very hard
> to find out.

It is noted at the start screen BTW. And yes you right that changing user
interaction is not nice, but on the other hand there have been good
reasons to do so.

The remaining users will learn about that change and we have a better
interface :-) Especially new users had lots of problems with the dangling
rubber band which are now solved.