[josm-dev] "Add nodes" functionality changed?

David Earl david at frankieandshadow.com
Thu Mar 12 18:06:57 GMT 2009

On 12/03/2009 17:58, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> Press ESCAPE the whole time like you did for shift.

Using ESCAPE as a modifier is very unconventional. Pressing it and
releasing it first has a very different feel to using a key as a modifier.

I think the use to which the shift has been usurped is spurious. If
you're so close to a node that it may be snapped to it, you are likely
not zoomed in far enough to make an accurate click anyway - you're
getting an approximate position (and in that case, the snapped position
is as good a choice as any other). I think accuracy would usually demand
you zoom in, whether or not there is a node nearby.

David