[josm-dev] Nicely done!

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Fri Mar 20 04:16:03 GMT 2009

So, I found this nifty-neato GPS receiver which will record an audio
file and georeference it:  http://community.cloudmade.com/blog/?p=340

I had to write a Python program to turn its goofy pseudo-CSV file into
a proper GPX file which JOSM understands.  I can now drag-and-drop
this file into JOSM, and it will show me the tracks and waypoints,
whether audio or plain.  If audio, I see a speech bubble, which I can
click on and have it play back the audio I recorded.

Excellent!  Well done!  It Just Works(tm).

Cloudmade supports http://openstreetmap.org/
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog