[josm-dev] OsmPrimitive.timestamp API change problem

Martin Garbe martin.garbe at informatik.uni-rostock.de
Sun Mar 22 12:41:24 GMT 2009

Hi

I have a problem with the new OsmPrimitive class. In the old class
(before Josm r1499) there was	public String timestamp = null;
In SVN now it is private. This is a good design decision but now plugin
programmers have a problem to make compatible plugins for old Josm und
the new one.

If I want to write a plugin for old Josm and have to set the timestamp
in OsmPrimitive I have to directly access OsmPrimitve.timestamp
Using the new Josm I have to use OsmPrimitive.setTimestamp().

Is there a way to write one plugin which is compatible with old and new
API of OsmPrimitive? Another possibility would be to create one plugin
version for old Josm and another for the new one.

Regards,
Martin