[josm-dev] Czech house numbers

"Marc Schütz" schuetzm at gmx.net
Mon May 11 12:49:34 BST 2009

> I think we should currently resolve the following question:
> Is it better to use 'addr:alternatenumber' (or any other similar key) as
> the preferred way of storing secondary housing numbers for _most_
> countries or is it better to adopt 'addr:some_czech_label' for Czech
> Republic and 'addr:some_german_label' for Germany, etc.?
>
> Personally I would set up 'addr:alternatenumber' wherever possible and
> switch to 'addr:some_local_label' if local system was too different.
> However this would probably require to push 'alternatenumber' into
> official list of attributes...

I would prefer having the same tag name for all countries, as this system seems to be in use in many countries. E.g. in Germany, some smaller villages don't have street names either.

Maybe the tag name could be more descriptive? I remember having read the term "conscription number" for the system you described.

Another question is, which tag to use in cases where there is only one housenumber. Should addr:housenumber always be filled in, even if there is only a number belong to the alternate system?

Regards, Marc

--
Neu: GMX FreeDSL Komplettanschluss mit DSL 6.000 Flatrate + Telefonanschluss für nur 17,95 Euro/mtl.!* http://dslspecial.gmx.de/freedsl-surfflat/?ac=OM.AD.PD003K11308T4569a