[josm-dev] Czech house numbers

Radomir Cernoch radomir.cernoch at gmail.com
Mon May 11 20:03:13 BST 2009

Hi,

the problem is more subtle. Imagine a Czech house:
	addr:street=Lidická
	addr:housenumber=1
	addr:alternatenumber=300
then the "official" way of writing the address is
	Lidická 300/1
which is exactly what we have on our ID cards. The 'alternatenumber' is
really considered a part of the address and I guess it would be the same
in other countries having the same system.

Unfortunately 'name' can't be used for this purpose, because numbered
houses can also be named.

Regards,
Radek Černoch