[josm-dev] Please add the walkingpapers description to the scan-info section in the HTML source for JOSM

Robert Scott lists at humanleg.org.uk
Tue Nov 10 17:08:22 GMT 2009

On Tuesday 10 November 2009, Dirk Stöcker wrote:
> > If only JOSM development were so flexible and easy.
> >
> > /me runs and hides.
>
> Aiming with my long range rifle ...
>
> Do you wanna excuse? 10 .. 9 .. 8 ..

In all seriousness, it would make life a lot easier for those of us who submit patches that people don't seem to have time to review[1], as it would allow us to continue developing in parallel until our branches got merged. With svn, if your patches aren't getting merged to upstream, you have to start doing horrible manual patch management. Or something involving svn tricks that I don't know about. DVCS raises the status of potential contributors bringing a patch democracy compared to svn's patch serfdom.

I'm personally an advocate of Mercurial/bitbucket.org over git/github.org, as I find it easier to use and understand. And Mercurial is supposed to work better for windows users (I personally don't know).

robert.

[1] ahem https://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/3832