[josm-dev] Please add the walkingpapers description to the scan-info section in the HTML source for JOSM

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Nov 10 17:30:15 GMT 2009

On Tue, 10 Nov 2009, Robert Scott wrote:

> In all seriousness, it would make life a lot easier for those of us who
> submit patches that people don't seem to have time to review[1], as it

Actually I reviewed your patch multiple times, but as there have been
permanent changes I waited until it got consolidated and some minutes ago
I did a checkin for it :-)

> would allow us to continue developing in parallel until our branches got
> merged. With svn, if your patches aren't getting merged to upstream, you
> have to start doing horrible manual patch management. Or something
> involving svn tricks that I don't know about. DVCS raises the status of
> potential contributors bringing a patch democracy compared to svn's
> patch serfdom.

As far as I understand it, git has the possibility to access SVN
repositories [2] as well (at least some of the JOSM tickets contained git
based patches). So there is no need to use git for main repository when
only some users want to use it.

[2] http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-svn.html