[josm-dev] Need advice about a recent change in Mapview blocking the plugin cadastre-fr and its Lambert zone projections

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Tue Nov 17 09:51:41 GMT 2009

On Tue, 17 Nov 2009, Pieren wrote:

> On Tue, Nov 17, 2009 at 9:10 AM, Dirk Stöcker
> <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> wrote:
>> Instead of auto-detection you can then implement a "suggest projection
>> switch" requester when user tries to initialy use cadastre-fr in an
>> outside region.
>
> I could do that but this will not help if MapView is always calling

Yes, please. I also promise to finish UTM then.

I hate it, that such an important part as the projections handling does
not improve at all beside the partial fixes I did already.

> the projection with east-north values that are outside the region.

Random value calls should be fixed in any case. That's right.

We also need a useful handling of outlying coordinates, but till today I
did not have a real good solution for this topic and still wait for
someone to come up with a nice idea.