[josm-dev] Wie kann das passieren? / How can this happen?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Sat Nov 21 21:15:54 GMT 2009

> Dank checkround-Script von Gary68 gefunden:
> Thanks to checkround-script by Gary68:

> in changeset
>
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/3142046

Well first of all this has nothing to do with JOSM, this happens due
to a Potlatch bug.

This bug has been present since Potlatch 1.1 when the tidy function
was added, I pointed this out to IRC at the time, see this log
excerpt:

    http://pastie.org/709216

I have no idea why it happens and RichardF evidently didn't have time
to debug it, so it's still broken.

There seem to be a bunch of issues with this code. I tried tidying a
circle, saving then opening a new changeset, selecting the same circle
and hammering the tidy button for a good 10 seconds. Every time you
tidy a circle it moves slightly to the left on the map view.

Here's me moving a circle created with Potlatch to the west using only
the tidy function:

    http://api06.dev.openstreetmap.org/browse/changeset/1871

That being said I can't reproduce the issue I talked about in the
pastie link above nor the one cited here, but I'm assuming it's the
same bug.

It would be useful if someone contacted user:Horgner and asked him
what Flash player / on what platform he's running.