[josm-dev] AGPIFOJ and JOSM core

Christian Gallioz chris at gallioz.fr
Mon Nov 30 10:00:02 GMT 2009

I think the 2.a and 4.a items should be done at the same time : I initially wrote the Agpifoj plugin because loading a large (more than 100) sets of images really took a lot of time, due to thumbnail computation. The second reason was the fact that the images were cached (by the Java API that was used by the JOSM Core) while computing these thumbnails ; that led to OutOfMemoryExceptions on some plateforms - this issue is probably fixed now.

> 29/11/09 17:03, Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com wrote :
>
> 2. Add all features of Geoimage that are not in Agpifoj. (Not many...)
> (a) Display thumbnails on the map
>
> (...)
>
> 4. Improve!
> (a) Make thumbnails optional. It takes some time till they are
> loaded and some people may not have much use for them.
>

> @ Ævar: Could you please be a bit more specific, so we take these common
> use cases into account?

+1