[josm-dev] Problem with referrers

Jiri Klement jiri.klement at gmail.com
Wed Oct 7 18:05:42 BST 2009

> Karl wrote:
> Exactly, and just for the sake of naming suggestions: in this context they
> could be called NodeMemento, WayMemento, etc.
> (really just for the sake of examples, I'm not in favor of these names, they
> would be used in the context of undo/redo, but not in the general context of
> OSM primitives.).
> In some software architectures there's also the concept of "value objects"
> (what's is sent from a remote client to a server) and "value objects" are
> sometimes called "detached" (from their "entity objects"). So would
> DetachedNode, DetachedWay, ... be an alternative?

What about some "fit to everything" names, like NodeData or
NodeDescriptor? From the suggested names I actually like the best the
NodeMemento. It doesn't describe well or uses of that class, but it's
kind of name that you once read JavaDoc and then remember it for the
rest of your life :-)

>> framm wrote
>> Another thing that may be worth considering at this time is whether you
> might want to separate out the display stuff.
> I've already started to do that, see getDisplayName(...).  We had some
> discussions about this in a trac ticket,
>   http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/3261

I'm not sure if separation of display stuff will have any user visible
impact right now. Only thing is that it might be possible to have
datasets backed up by other types of storage than memory, for example
PostgreSQL db.

--
Jiri