[josm-dev] "unmaintained" plugins

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Oct 10 19:43:05 BST 2009

On Sat, 10 Oct 2009, MP wrote:

> Before someone deleted it from the plugins page (so it WAS available
> through "official JOSM plugin update system" and it was pointing to
> corrent URL with newest and working version) it was maintained and
> perfectly working. I wonder how someone have discovered that is is
> unmaintained?

Because we got lots of bugreports which showed that the plugin was not
actively developed for a long time now.

> I think best would be to remove this "feature" and let users decide
> which plugins they want to use.

I introduced this check to get rid of plugins which are no longer working.
Most users aren't able to decide, so JOSM needs to do this for him. And a
lot of users install ALL plugins without thinking if they need them or
not.

Changing the warning to use a "don't bug me again dialog" would be
possible. But this issue is seldom, so it is probably not worth the
effort.