[josm-dev] Restricting Zoom from plugins (more slippymap plugin)

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Tue Oct 13 17:40:28 BST 2009

In thinking about why the slippymap plugin is slower than some of the
alternatives, I realized something important: it *always* has to resize
images.  The jmapviewer as well as the slippymapchooser both get to
choose exactly how the map tiles are drawn.  They tend to just pick
zooms that enable easy drawing.

The slippymap layer is just along for the ride when it is a layer.
Should we offer a JOSM mode where you can have "jumpier" zooms, but ones
that may be rendered more quickly when using the slippymap layer?

-- Dave