[josm-dev] [OSM-dev] Out of copyright WMS offering - looking for assistance

Dave Hansen dave at sr71.net
Sun Oct 18 20:04:43 BST 2009

On Sun, 2009-10-18 at 11:57 +0100, Andy Robinson (blackadder-lists)
wrote:
> Alas I don't seem to bale able to make the slippy plugin work for these OOC
> tiles. Part of the problem seems to be that the plugin insists on
> downloading tiles even if I have the auto_download set to false, and
> secondly it seems to retry the same tile if the tile is not present and
> hence it just continue to retry this tile over and over again without
> aborting. Since we only have tiles for some areas this stops the thing
> working.

Hi Andy.  I've been hacking on that plugin a lot lately.  It's probably
my fault that it ignores the auto_download thing.

I'm switching all of that code over to the JMapViewer code so that we
can use its caching code.  That's going to necessitate rewriting the
stuff that keeps track of tile sources.  At the moment, I've removed the
ability to add your own custom sources.  I'd be happy to add your new
tiles source if you can give me the URL, though.

I'll also work on the jpg vs. png issue once I have some tiles that are
in jpg. :)

-- Dave