[josm-dev] Best practice: offline mapping?

stefan at binaervarianz.de stefan at binaervarianz.de
Mon Oct 26 22:19:11 GMT 2009

Thanks a lot to all who have commented on this rather non-technical
question.

Using geo-tagged photos and audio recordings is an option. But this means I
have to take a small second camera
with me and the only device capable of longer audio recordings is actually
my netbook. It's all technically possible, but as this will be a holiday at
first priority, geotagging has to come in as subtle as possible.

I will probably use a mix of all these techniques to get as much data as I
can without spoiling the holiday.
So thanks for all the input.

To keep the edits in a subversion/git repository is a very good idea too.

Best regards,

Stefan