[josm-dev] JOSM download with tile numbers?

Teemu Koskinen teemu.koskinen at mbnet.fi
Sat Oct 31 09:08:52 GMT 2009

On Sat, 31 Oct 2009 09:57:12 +0200, Karl Guggisberg
<karl.guggisberg at guggis.ch> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> one of the tabs in JOSMs download can be used to specify a download area
> with "tile numbers". Is there anybody actually using this? Who would
> actually know tile numbers?

The rendered map is stored as tiles, and you can see the tile number from
the filenames. The directory structure is /zoom/x/y.png

I haven't used the feature, but one case I think this might be useful, is
when debugging some t at h rendering problem (although t at h downloads a bit
more than exactly a tile). eg. a way that has a long segment that doesn't
show up in certain tile.

Regards Teemu Koskinen