[josm-dev] JOSM Stable

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Oct 31 19:54:08 GMT 2009

Hello,

again there is a lot of time since last release and a new tested should
come. Currently I consider JOSM not stable enough (the change in
selection code resulted in some bigger errors, some are probably still
undetected), but it again gets time to say "please don't checkin anything
which takes weeks to fix. :-)

So please all developers: We should try to have a new release mid of month
(i.e. 2 weeks from now).

The help-browser issue in
http://josm.openstreetmap.de/ticket/3772
must be fixed before next release. Karl does not really see my
rationale behind, but I think in this case I need to pull in my weight as
maintainer, so when we don't get this fixed I will revert the external
calling code.