[josm-dev] geotagged images proposal

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 1 02:01:14 BST 2009

2009/8/31 Женя Деревянкин <yourname at mail.ru>:
> Hi, list
>
> Recently, I've started photo-mapping, and found JOSM very useful for
> aligning the pictures along the track.
> But I think it would also be useful if JOSM could export the
> coordinates back into the images, so that they could be used in the
> future for some other projects, like OpenStreetPhoto.
>
> Moreover, I've looked at the OpenStreetPhoto wiki page, and they
> currently have a very simple image upload scheme - you just need to
> put the geotagged images to
> ftp://openstreetphoto.org/UPLOADHERE/<username>/ (I don't know if it
> actually works, I've uploaded a few geotagged pictures there for a
> test. Haven't got many of those)
>
> So maybe that can also be incorporated into JOSM - then people can
> open a GPX file, import images, syncronize the clock, draw everything,
> and then - upload the photoes to OpenStreetPhoto for future use (by
> other users, by data extraction programs, etc)
>
> I'm not a programmer myself, so I'd like to hear your opinion, wether
> it is difficult to implement such functionality into JOSM

I was using a separate script in windows for this (haven't yet managed
in Linux but I guess it available as well), that was writing those
coordinates into the images. With JOSM-Plugin Agpifoj you can read and
automatically align them afterwards in JOSM - but I agree that it
would be nice as well to have JOSM able to write them.

cheers,
Martin