[josm-dev] Where are the slippy map chooser tiles cached?

Ævar Arnfjörð Bjarmason avarab at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 00:12:35 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 8, 2010 at 22:55, Matthias Julius <lists at julius-net.net> wrote:
> Under Linux this is usually not a problem because /tmp typically gets
> cleaned out at boot time (at least on Debian it does).

That depends on your usage patterns. I generally don't reboot my Linux
machine more than monthly and servers even more infrequently. You can
run something like tmpreaper though.

> I wonder if JOSM should delete the cached tiles on exit.

There's a cache class that wmsplugin and others use that allows you to
keep files around until they collectively reach a given size / age.
Maybe it could use that.