[josm-dev] Terracer plugin: A few ideas for improved usability

Wed Apr 14 22:25:14 BST 2010

At 2010-04-14 13:14, Lambertus wrote:
>- Keybind ESC to close the window (same behaviour as 'Cancel').
>- Keybind Enter to close the window (same behaviour as 'Ok').
>- Put focus on the first field ('lowest number') when the window opens.

If I may - these are the types of things that users expect intuitively in
windowed apps[1], and are good (IMO) for all development (not just the
Terracer plugin). Anything to reduce the number of times you have to move a
hand back and forth from the keyboard to the mouse improves usability for
high-volume mappers, and therefore overall map size/quality.

If I ever get through my backlog of photos/surveys, I want to become
familiar with the development environment and tackle some of it myself.

[1]Especially Windows, where such things are part of the UI coding guidelines.