[josm-dev] New unstable phase opened

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Apr 24 12:28:07 BST 2010

Hello,

>>  If no bigger problems are reported till friday, then new development cycle
>>  may start at friday and we move to Java6.
>
> Actually we have a critical bug: #4929 - filtered objects are selectable.
> This should be fixed soon.

I increased tested to 3201. The main development cycle is opened again.
Please try to check in more mature new code compared to the time before. I
don't want to have such a long stabilizing phase again.

It is fine to have new features, but the way how these are implemented
greatly influences the number of resulting bug reports. Some more care
is required.

Special thanks to Sebastian and Jiri, who did a great job to improve the
quality in the last weeks.

Also JOSM is now open to Java6. As soon as the first JAVA6 code is
really checked it, the author should make an announcement in the
StartupPage.