[josm-dev] Change to changeset comment handling, RfD

Julien Balas julien at krilin.org
Tue Aug 3 15:33:09 BST 2010

i use to work on a system where "comments" where mandatory to validate an
order.

most of the people use "X" as a comment.
then the IT guys add a rule forbidding "X"
then users use "."
then IT add a rule "at least 3 chars"
then user use "bla" as comments
and so on, and so on.

as far as i don't like empty comments, i think that if a user quit OSM
because a changeset comment is mandatory it's too bad.
I prefere some new data and no comment rather than... nothing.

--
JB