[josm-dev] Change to changeset comment handling, RfD

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 3 22:22:10 BST 2010

Am 03.08.2010 18:12, schrieb Anthony:
> On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 4:51 AM, Ulf Lamping<ulf.lamping at googlemail.com>  wrote:
>> I don't think that the change to 10 chars is a good idea. E.g. if I only add
>> a tag to a node, the comment "tag added" is IMO sufficient but still "rings
>> the bell".
>
> I'd say a comment of "tag added" isn't any better than no comment at all.

But if I'll add a much longer comment, I'll spend more time to add a
meaningful comment than the time to do the actual change. A lot more
than the 1% of mapping time that Frederik mentioned earlier.

Regards, ULFL

P.S: Yes, this isn't a theoretical situation. While riding my motorbike,
I frequently have a lot of such tiny changes spread over a huge area.