[josm-dev] Change to changeset comment handling, RfD

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Wed Aug 4 22:22:33 BST 2010

On Wed, 4 Aug 2010, Sebastian Klein wrote:

>>  Actually this is nothing we need to worry about. JOSM is still settings
>>  the standards here. We have 50% of the market. Potlatch the remaining 50%.
>>  The other editors don't really count at all ATM.
>
> Don't forget Merkaartor! It has a fair amount of users and has improved a lot
> lately.

Sure. But I does not really affect the statistics. Depending on what
counting method you use either JOSM or Potlatch is front. Everything else
is much below 1%.

That may (and hopefully will) change in future, but currently we do
the standards. So there is no need to worry about other editors. BTW e.g.
merkaartor does not care for standards JOSM has established (like the
presets format).

Ciao