[josm-dev] WMS and remote-control

bomm bodo at bodo-m.de
Thu Aug 12 09:58:16 BST 2010

Komяpa wrote:

> 2) fires.Kosmosnimki.ru have provided us access to their realtime
> satellite imagery. That imagery [...] consists of thousands of layers.
> [...]
> Now, we need a convenient way to load that imagery into josm. An
> extenstion to josm-remote that will load specified WMS URL will be
> just fine.

What do you want to implement? A Web page to select a layer and load it into
JOSM?

Currently the WMS plugin needs a configuration entry for every WMS server
(and every layer).
I don't know how much work it would be to implement a remote interface for
(temporarily?) adding the necessary configuration and automatically loading
the new WMS layer.

For now I suggest you generate and display the WMS URL for the selected
layer in the format required by JOSM. Then the user can copy and paste it
into JOSM's configuration as needed. It's not as user friendly as you
intended but it's the best you can do with the current version of JOSM and
WMS plugin.

(I resend this via nabble because my original message sent via webmail
interface did not show up on the list.)

Bodo