[josm-dev] Add nodes and ways via remoteControl

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Mon Aug 16 12:08:55 BST 2010

"Sebastian Müller" writes:

> I have a data file with position data in it (Longitude/Latitude). I want to show them in a map. I thought JOSM is nice so I chose it. Now I need a tool or plugin (I think remoteControl is the best for this task) to send them into JOSM.

I assume you're talking about a way to add data into the OSM database and
not just about a display on the map. The later can be very easy accomplished
with OpenLayers.

> I hope there is somebody who can add a command like...

There is already a command to add nodes. As no one answered my question
whether it's undocumented on purpose I did not add documentation to the
wiki.

Stephan