[josm-dev] Deploying third party libraries

Sebastian Klein bastikln at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 18 13:32:27 BST 2010

Matthias Meißer wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I'd like to know how the deployment system works for external libraries.
>
> I added them in Eclipse and build.xml as external .jar libs. So what can
> I do to make sure that they get installed to the users computer? Or does
> they already become part of my package?

Hi, using Eclipse is fine, but you should also update the ant file so
that other users can build the plugin as well. (Not everyone uses
Eclipse...)

The following plugins already deploy *.jar libs:
dataimport, globalsat, routing, routes, openlayers, plastic_laf and
toms. I guess you can do modifications to the ant file in a similar manner.

If you finally publish the plugin, either use the ant script to build or
check that the Manifest file created by Eclipse looks the same.

Also
<http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wiki/DevelopersGuide/DevelopingPlugins> is
worth reading.

Best, Sebastian