[josm-dev] SuperHighRes-Yahoo-Images in JOSM?

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Sat Aug 21 15:52:12 BST 2010

On Sat, 21 Aug 2010, andrzej zaborowski wrote:

>> No we can't because they are not served through the web map mechanism that
>> JOSM accesses; they are only available through the Yahoo Flash API which
>> JOSM cannot use.
>
> While I'm personally clueless about Flash and don't have it installed,
> I think it's possible to build an .swf that could be shipped in the
> wmsplugin jar package together with the .html file embedding the .swf
> movie, which would then use the Flash API.  I'm not sure if you can
> make gnome-web-photo / webkit-photo wait for the imagery to load this
> way.

If you find someone who can make a HTML which does the same as the current
JavaScript-API based HTML's (i.e. take border coordinates and display the
relevant page without additional stuff like scrollbars and the like) we
will take care of the download tools.

I was unable to make such a website when I tried.