[josm-dev] Major rework of the presets menu layout

Ulf Lamping ulf.lamping at googlemail.com
Tue Aug 24 09:23:18 BST 2010

Hi!

I've just done a major rework of the presets menu layout (SVN 3460).
Hope you'll find it useful.

The trigger for this work was a talk with a local mapper, who wasn't
even aware that a preset for the address input actually exists ;-)

Goals were:

- add lot's of missing icons from mappaint (bring presets and mappaint
icons closer together)
- trying to group stuff together that belongs together (making it easier
to find things)
- split very long menus (to better fit on low resolution screens)
- add some stuff I was missing

In detail:

- (slight) relayout of waypoints entries
- add a new transport/motorcycle section
- whole relayout of water menu entries (water vs. shipping)
- (slight) relayout of travel/tourism entries
- add a new sport/motorsport section
- add a new man_made/food section (selected items from shop section go here)
- relayout of man_made/shop section
- whole relayout of places entries
- add a new annotation section
- add some entries came to mind
- other minor changes

I'm still a bit unhappy with the travel and man_made menu layout, but
even after thinking about it for a while, I couldn't find a better
alternative layout.

If I'll find some time, I'll continue to bring presets and mappaint
icons closer together. IMHO it's a bad idea to have different icons in
the presets and mappaint for the same stuff.

If interested, please review ...

Regards, ULFL