[josm-dev] Microsoft gains access to aerial imagery

andrzej zaborowski balrogg at gmail.com
Wed Dec 1 03:25:19 GMT 2010

Hi,

On 28 November 2010 13:09, Dirk Stöcker <openstreetmap at dstoecker.de> wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Nov 2010, andrzej zaborowski wrote:
>> (http://openstreetmap.pl/balrog/bing/?bbox=7,50.50,8,50.99&srs=EPSG:4326&width=500&height=500)
>>
>> I have not tried Microsoft's own API, if they have one.
>
> I copied it to
> http://josm.openstreetmap.de/wmsplugin/VirtualEarthDirect.html

Thanks.

> We need to wait if this access method is allowed before making it public.

Dirk, I now modified the html file to query the Bing REST api as
described by RichardF and display the logo and the imagery providers
on every fourth tile (about every 1024 px down and across).  The only
thing is that the logo is not clickable, obviously.

You might wanna update just in case someone uses this (I know it's
suboptimal compared to direct tile access).

Best regards