[josm-dev] "Sticky Tags" Feature

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Sun Dec 5 00:43:48 GMT 2010

Frederik Ramm writes:
 > > I'd like to implement a feature in JOSM that applies the tags from the
 > > clipboard to every new way or node created. I think this would be
 > > useful for creating powerlines (apply power=tower to every new node
 > > in the way) or for a set of buildings along a street (addr:street=*
 > > to every new building).
 >
 > A graphics program i used to use, maybe it was dia?, worked like this:
 > whenever an object was selected and you changed properties, you were
 > changing the properties of that object. When no object was selected,
 > you were changing the default properties for new objects.

Oooh!  Ooooh!  Much simpler than my Presets proposal. Only problem is
that it might confuse newbies. Maybe put it in a different color or
font to let them know that they're setting a different kind of
property?

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-600-8815
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog