[josm-dev] multiline entry in template (was: sac_scale in JOSM - RFC for change of translation)

Fichtennadel soskifub at gmail.com
Thu Dec 9 12:48:19 GMT 2010

On Tue, Nov 30, 2010 at 11:04 AM, Sebastian Klein wrote:
> Btw.: You can use html markup to create a multiline entry, e.g.
> Absturzgefahr<br>  nicht ausgeschlossen</html>
>
> (The height of the sac_scale field in the preset dialog will grow
> accordingly, but I would fix this little flaw later.)

I've tried that locally for one entry, but with somewhat mixed results, see
http://img146.imageshack.us/img146/7209/josmtemplatesacscale.gif

1. after selecting the entry from the list, the raw html text shows up
in the text item (see screenshot). How to prevent this?
2. the text is editable. So if the user changes the default text, this
(usually invalid) text is put into the tag value. Is this behaviour
intended?
(3. as you've said, the height grows.)

br,
 Georg