[josm-dev] New I18N-feature for JOSM webpages

Dirk Stöcker openstreetmap at dstoecker.de
Thu Dec 30 16:17:14 GMT 2010

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010, Dirk Stöcker wrote:

> I added a new feature for JOSM webpages: The TranslatedPages macro now
> suports a parameter "revision" (used e.g. in De:WikiStart). This should be
> set to the revision of the base page for the time of last translating the
> page. Whenever the base page is changed, the languages menu then contains a
> link to the differences as last entry. This should help to keep translations
> in sync and also make keeping translations up-to-date easier.

What I forgot:

It would be fine when some of the translators of the Wiki add the
(revision=xxx) parameter to their pages (I can't verify what revision a
page really refers too except for German :-) When this is used one more
pages, than probably the remaining ones will be updated step-by-step.

Best would be to check and update page to current revision and the set
"revison=" to the current revision. In case you don't know the number:
  * You find it in Page history of english page,
  * Or set it to 1 and do a page "Preview", then you get the newest one
displayed with the diffs :-)

The second method can also be used to find the correct older revision in
case you don't have time to adapt to changes in English original. Simply
increase revision and do preview until there are only changes not yet
integrated in the current text.

Suggestions and improvements welcome.