[josm-dev] Wireframe saves the day for a complex multipolygon

Frederik Ramm frederik at remote.org
Sun Feb 7 18:37:39 GMT 2010

Hi,

Marko Mäkelä wrote:
>> Btw. outer polygons are not used correctly in the lake, when there is
>> small lake inside of island on the big lake, the small lake shouldn't
>> be part of the big lake multipolygon.
>
> I followed the example on the wiki page
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Relation:multipolygon
> which does suggest that lakes within islands can be defined as role=outer:

I wrote that Wiki page and I still think it makes sense. This method
(where there may be additional outers inside inners) also conforms to
the OGC "simple features" geometry rules, i.e. "everybody does it".

> One last thing: Is there an easy way to download a way, node or relation
> by the browse URL?

Not the browse URL but the "raw XML" URL
(http://api.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/node/123456) - you can enter that
in JOSM's "open location" dialog (from the File menu). When downloading
ways or relations that way, add /full to the end of the URL.

Bye
Frederik