[josm-dev] Changes recorded by JOSM when changing a key

Stefan Neufeind openstreetmap at stefan-neufeind.de
Mon Feb 8 09:40:12 GMT 2010

Hi,

someone discovered and asked why in my changeset
http://www.openstreetmap.org/api/0.6/changeset/3818805/download

I had tagged various bridges as "bridge" with value "<different>".

I had chosen a spelling-error via  OSMdoc (maybe it was brigde or
something the like), corrected the key and uploaded the changed values.
But for some reason JOSM didn't just change the key (I think it did at
some point in the past?) but actually wrote the "<different>"-value that
was in the edit-dialog.

a) What would be the easiest way to find out which (other) changes I
might have messed up yesterday (looking for date:yesterday,
submitter:neufeind and "<different>" somewhere in the values) and how to
revert those changes?

b) Does somebody know if that's known problem? Is there a fix/workaround?

Kind regards,
 Stefan