[josm-dev] Plugin for "wifi geolocalization inside building" ...

Minh Quang chumkhungbo2003 at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 12 22:48:51 GMT 2010

Hi,I really understand more  about JOSM after your replies. Now, I understand
that for every preference there is a mechanism behind to manage and archive, so
JOSM always keeps a file preference in a specific folder (I found it) to make
sure not to forget anything. JOSM also has different actions registered inside
some maps…

But for our final year engineer project, we
need to manage and stock several important values. We're working on “opensource
wifi geolocalization” inside building project to help elder people or sightless
people to avoid getting lost. So, we try to modelize building plans with JOSM.
We also try to make a personalized grammar for our indoor used tags. In more
detail, we add some additional tags inside indoor objects. For example, a new
tag for the level of the floor, a building can have several levels (from
parking under group to the nth floor), and at every floor you can
find specific objects. However, JOSM and openstreetmap are not really made for
indoor use. It means that when you download data from the server for a building
(situated at precious gps position) into JOSM, all objects situated at
different floors will figure on the same layer. It is not so easy to distinguish
objects between different floors or levels.

So my first question concerns how JOSM deals
with its layer. For our project, what we would like to do is to transform a
layer to a level or a floor. All the objects drawn, and created there will be
considered as objects positioned on this floor (like rooms, walls, wifi hotspot,
WC). Automatically, these objects will be auto-tagged additional tags (the
number of the floor for this layer, the name of building).

My second question is that how to create layers
according to different tags. We want to create the same number of floors as there are
inside a building. Like, if there are 5 floors inside “Lamda” building, there
will be 5 layers created in workspace JOSM with their objects.

I would like to thank for your attention. I hope
that I don’t disturb you so much. You help, your support will be primordial for
our opensource project. We will create a wiki for our project soon.